Tuesday 21 April 2009

The memory remains.

I remember how my heart took an extra beat when I first heard you speak. Suddenly there we were sitting in front of one another leaning towards each other, cheek to cheek.

My heart felt fragile and thin as glass. I kept wishing that this feeling warm feeling that I felt inside would turn cool as ice but it refused to pass.

For the first time I'm scared and so afraid to be honest with myself. If only I could make myself dissapear like a magic little elf.

I'm frightened because my soul tells me I might have done wrong. If only I could make certain things undone I would have written us a song.

I keep wondering what you're thinking of. Only in my dreams you keep appearing like a snow white dove.

I feel like such a helpless fool and I honestly don't know what to do. I can't help the fact that a part of me still beats for you.

Blood rushes through my veins and reaches my face every time we speak. I wish I hadn't been born this weak.

I'm not asking for you to understand. All I long for is for you to hold my hand.

No matter how I try to hold back my soul's heavy rain the memory will always remain.

No comments: