Sunday 1 June 2008

A speech that will remain unspoken.

Picture: DeviantArt

I
t was supposed to be one of the best days of my life. A day of celebration, laughter and joy where you would raise your glass and say a few words while standing next to your beloved wife.

In many ways I had a terrific day still, when I went to bed that same night I could not help the fact that I was feeling heartbroken. For I had longed to hear your loving words, all I know today is that it will forever be a speech that will remain unspoken.

It was a long and stressful day for all of us. I remember that I convinced mom that she did not have to take me to school and that I wanted to take the bus.

Truly it was a day filled of hope and prosperity. I have and always will admire your two great hearts and the fact that you tought me all that I know about life, love and charity.

For we may have argued many times before still, today I understand your reasons and the fact that you only wanted to protect me against all odds.

There are nights when I lay awake thinking what did I do to deserve a family like you? Yes there are times when I actually convince myself that I do not deserve any of you. Still, here I am surrounded by the world's greatest people, I love all of you.

Tears come streaming down my face when I read the so called "unspoken speech". A few beloved words and the deepest point inside my heart you managed to reach.

A white little piece of paper with the speech that was dedicated to me. If only I had enough words and symbols to describe how much it truly means to me.

Many years from now when my own daughter or son will have their big day I will make sure to hold a special speech. I will prepare myself properly with a deadline of a few weeks.

Please remember you did not do anything wrong. Atleast I have this piece of paper with your words and the speech that will remain unspoken.

No comments: