Saturday 1 March 2008

How to make her/him notice you.

Picture: Dan & Serena from "Gossip Girl" - Kanal 5

After studying two years of Psychology at school I've become more interested in how and why females and males act so differently towards each other. I'm sure you've all heard people saying that women are from Venus and men are from Mars, could this assumption be true?

As we (my girlfriends and I) were out dancing yesterday evening we obviously met a lot of people at the party, among them there were many cute guys! Suddenly my friends froze, they were so nervous and they didn't know how to act to be able to get the guys attention. I'm sure that anyone can relate to this, both females and males.

Like I wrote above I've become quite interested in this phenomenon of how we comunicate with each other by using both body language and verbal expressions.

So I figured it would be a fun idea for me to write a short list of my six best tips of how to be seen as the most attractive person in the room and to simply make the beautiful women/hot guy you've laid your eyes on and to make her/him notice you! Here we go!

1) First of all, when you and your group of friends decide to go out to dance and to mingle remember that larger groups of people are supertough, especially if it's a big group of women.

Therefor my suggestion is to be three in a group when you go out, in that case if you meet someone your two friends will be able to keep each other company while you'll be able to spend more time with the girl/guy that seemed interested while dancing on the dancefloor.

2) Eye contact - If you've seen a hansum face you might wish to send her/him signals that you're being interested. What other way could be better than creating eye contact with the person?

All people tend to look around in the room while being at the party so all you need to do is to wait for her/him to glance through it and meet your eyes when she/he reaches your spot.

If it doesn't happen you might need to get closer by for example "dance" towards hers/his direction on the dancefloor and perhaps "accidently" bump in to them - this last example is only to be done if there is no other way of creating some kind of eye contact, it all depends on the situation that you'll be in.

Remember though, that if you would receive eye contact don't "stare" at her/him for too long, a few seconds is enough to make her/him understand that you are looking towards hers/his direction for a special reason ;)

3) Smile, smile and smile! This third tip is probably the most important tip above all on the list. Scientists have discovered that people who has an "open" body language smiles twice as much as a person that does not have it.

By first receing eye contact with a person and then giving her/him a great big smile is simply the key to make them see that you're having a good time. Besides, I've learnt that both women and men smile naturally (when we’re nervous, when we’re trying to be polite, etc.), so if you don’t do it at all, you look like an unapproachable person.

4) Hopefully you should now have been able to open up a conversation by simply saying "hi" or something similar to it. What to say next? What happens if the brain freezes? Don't worry, I know it might sound really difficult at times like these but atleast try to be calm! :) Start a positive small talk!

Many of us tend to start complaining about things which gives the other person negative signals about your character. Remeber! Since you've been smiling and having fun at the party you should convince her/him it to be true by talking positive about the party/music/number of people etc.

5) By starting a small talk with her/him you avoid direct questions such as "what do you do?" I've heard that some men and women might see you as a gold digger if you would ask such a "direct" question at the beginning of the conversation, so my tip is to save it for later!

6) Last but not least! Remember: If you show this person the "real" you by acting confident (not cocky!) and by showing her/him that you're generous by once again smiling a lot you will be seen as a far more attractive person!

A wise person once said, "you can't love another person if you don't care and love yourself for the one you are."

These were a few brief tips of what you could think of the next time you're out with your friends and you spot that cute girl/guy!

I wish you all the best of luck and remember you're welcome to leave a comment if you have questions or other views within this topic and I'll try to answer them depending on my own experience and so called "knowledge" within the subject ;) Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

im going to give this a try. thanks :)

About me said...

Anonymous: Sounds great! I wish you the best of luck :)

Anonymous said...

Your english is actually terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About me said...

Anonymous: Since English is not my native language I must admit that I might have some spelling mistakes here and there.. Still, I really do try my very best to write as correct as possible.

But if you're bothered by my English I suggest that you read another blog instead.

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to what that other person said about your English being terrible because it is not. I read the blog and it sounded great. Also I have seen much worse from native speakers. That person who made the judgment about your grammar did not even capitalize English, so that shows you how much they know.