Saturday 21 March 2009

Focus on today and think a little less about tomorrow.

"Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams." - Ashley Smith

This beautiful quote as mentioned above recently joined my collection of favourite and inspiring quotes. One can also find it written on my blog's right hand margin.

Anyway, the first time I read it I was feeling a bit blue which is why I was searching for something, a picture or just a few words that would cheer me up and so I found this quote. A reminder for people like myself or perhaps a wake up call for others.

For many of us life is all about getting a good education, graduate from (preferably) a well known University with good grades, join the "women/men" in black clan (I'm referring to all the people working in an office where it requires to wear black suits), get married to the woman/man of your dreams, family, house and I can't seem to find an end to this long list.

I'm not saying that one shouldn't do the listed things above on the contrary, I think it's great if one succeeds with it. The important thing is how we do it and how we feel during the steps in between. Like Ashley Smith says, "Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces." I believe that most of us tend to forget to live our life "now" and skip to the next step.

Before the day has ended we are already looking forward to tomorrow. There are many great and small things that happen along the way. Small things such as the bumble bee or great things such as seeing our sons and daughters growing up. "Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.", I couldn't agree more.

I know, it's usually easier said than done but remember that this is just a reminder to every one of us. Stop whatever you are doing and ask yourself how you are doing. We tend to forget about ourselves while focusing on other people around us. Breathe and stay positive, things will get better. Never stop fighting for your dreams.

No comments: