Saturday 7 March 2009

Summer of 2009.

Picture: New House

In early January this year I resigned from the Danish clothing brand "Jackpot" where I worked almost an entire year. I learned a lot about different sale techniques which are an important part of the policy's of the company.

Anyway I decided it was time to change working environment so I've been out looking for a new job. One must not forget that we're in a difficult time right now with the economic crisis still hanging over us. After that I'd been around a few stores must people said that they either had to let some people go because they simply can't afford to pay their salaries or they had some kind of stop when it comes to hiring new employees.

It's sad really, because I know there are many students just like myself out there looking for some kind of job to the summer. However I believe I was lucky when I managed to get myself a new job for the summer at the Swedish brand called "New House"! They seem like really nice people, especially the owner of the store who welcomed me with open arms.

I really have a good feeling about this so my goal is to work from mid June until July. At the beginning I was afraid I wouldn't have any work for the summer but now I'm more than glad that I got this opportunity. So for those of you who might still be looking for something, don't give up! If I could do it so can you! Good luck!

No comments: