Thursday 1 May 2008

Looking back.

Picture: Me after the graduation ceremony, I was so happy when I came outside to see so many beloved faces of family members and friends gather around me.

I honestly can't believe it! It's almost been a year (on the 31/5) since I graduated from high school. It is a big and special event for thousands of students who graduate in May every year.

As you can see on the picture I was wearing my white hat which we call "studentmössa" in other words "student-hat" if you translate it to English :) It is also one of our old traditions, to get these white hats with the name of our programme which we have studied during high school.

On my hat it says "International Baccalaureate" since I went through that literally "living hell" for three years (!) still I have to say even if it was hard I learnt a lot. It was probably one of the best things that have ever happened to be, honestly. The teachers were great and the way we learnt new knowledge is very similar to the ways they teach at University, so I guess we are all well prepared for it ;)

Anyway I was reading a few old e-mails and found this picture in one of them and it made me think of that very special day which was probably one of the best days of my life. Luckily I have many friends who graduate this year so I will join them in their celebration and remember how special my day was and make sure that they will also feel the same!

For those of you who still have one or perhaps two years left, don't worry! Time flies as you probably know ;) You have a spectacular day to look forward to and believe me, it's worth it!

2 comments:

Just a girl said...

Graduation isn't quite as big a deal in Australia in terms of ceremony the way it is overseas/in the Northern Hemisphere. At least at my school, the whole thing was kind of backwards; our graduation ceremony (a.k.a Speech Day) was before our exams, so technically we graduated before we'd finished! Exams started on Nov. 2, finishing as early as Nov. 9th and as late as the 21st, so we all just left as soon as ours were over.

Sounds like fun! I'm jealous. Your hats are so cool.

I did IB too. But three years? I only did two, and that was enough.

x
Just a girl

Just a girl said...

Gorgeous photo, btw. =)