Tuesday 20 May 2008

You never truly appreciate what you have until it's lost.

Picture: DeviantArt

I am standing here at the edge of time, waiting for you to come around. Close your eyes and listen to your heart, is it still playing a magical sound?

I stare at the beautiful horizon as the sun slowly rises. New thoughts fill my mind, where all I can think of is the people suffering in different parts of our world, people going through difficult crisis.

My heart is with those who have lost beloved family members. I wish there was something we could do to reduce the amount of people dying in such horrifying natural catastrophes, I wish it was a much lower number.

Thousands of children loosing both parents, can you imagine how it would be if you lost your mother or father? Or perhaps a beloved sibling, I do not know what I would do if I lost one of my brothers.

In the end it is our families that mean the most. Without them one would be hollow and pale like a sad ghost.

Never underestimate the people who love you the way you are. Take care of them, show them love and respect, for they will always have a special place for you inside their hearts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Everyday I think about how much you should appreciate thoese who love you the most. Appreciate what you have and not what you chould have or should have. In the end of the day, it's your family that matters.. =)

About me said...

Farha: That's great! It seems as if you live with the right motto ;) Clearly you understood the message in my poem! Have a great day!