Sunday 16 November 2008

For some reason I can't find enough words to explain..

.. how much I love Christmas! Even though we're still in mid November the stores around Stockholm are now filled with almost everything that has to do with this special holiday.

Don't get me wrong though, I honestly don't think that Christmas is all about giving/receiving gifts - no for me it's all about the spiritual feeling when family and friends come together.

I love the peaceful feeling on Christmas morning and the beautiful ceremonies they always have in my neighborhood's church. Truly it is a special feeling to sit in the same building where my parents read out their vows.

I had the same feeling today during this Sunday's ceremony in our church. Suddenly I realized that I've been missing something for quite some time, the feeling appeared when I heard the wonderful choir sing.

These last months I haven't been able to sing anything mainly because of work and because I simply haven't had the energy. Like I wrote it wasn't until today I really realized how much I've missed it.

So I made myself the promise that I have to do something about it, I need to start singing again - for the sake of my soul's happiness.

That is the one thing that can heal me no matter what happens. It's become more than a hobby, it's become a part of me and the person I am today. I'm sure we all have similar things that makes us feel "complete". Do you agree?

No comments: