Monday 23 July 2007

Listen to the tooth-fairy.

For some of you this post might sound a bit childish due to the title of it, still I hope you will read it and understand the great importance of why we should treat our teeth in a correct way and not just ignore it like many of us do.

It is a quite well-known phenomenon that millions of children/teenagers and yes sometimes even adults that "skip" to brush their teeth once in a while. Sometimes it appears more often..

The reason for why I am bringing up this issue is because I was one of these teenagers. After I had come home from a late party I was too tired to even bother to think about such a silly thing as my teeth.

I did not know what condition my teeth were in until I visited the dentist only a few weeks ago. She said I had a beautiful smile and I was very flattered by her compliment but when she suddenly looked "around" in my mouth she became very serious and said that she was very worried about the way my gums looked like.

According to the dentist it was too red and she showed me some pictures of a well-treated mouth and vice versa. I saw the big difference and suddenly I was worried too.

I have now started to treat my teeth in a better way by giving them more "attention" by brushing them every day after each meal! And by using other equipment I have never used before (I had braces for almost three years so that made it difficult to use dental floss etc.) therefor I have now noticed that my teeth look so much better now and I am so happy that I listened to the dentist or perhaps I should say the tooth-fairy? ;)

Anyway it will prevent me from loosing my teeth at a much younger age. So I strongly suggest to you all, take a look at your teeth in the mirror and start using other dental equipment such as dental floss because it really works! Good luck and do not forget to brush them regularly (at least two-three times every day!)

No comments: