Saturday 21 July 2007

New book list.

I know that it might seem a bit odd that I am actually longing for the cold, windy and rainy days of Autumn now when it is summer outside and the temperature is above twenty degrees but I simply cannot help it! It has captured my soul and the fact that I am born in a cold month such as January.. I wonder, perhaps it could have something to do with it? Haha I do not know. But maybe?

Anyway I wrote down a few novels that I must read during those cold days when everything outdoors seems to be nothing but grey. I have already read a few of them but who would mind to re-read a classic novel such as Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice?

This is the list (in in alphabetical order):

Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens
Cranford - Mrs. Gaskell
Emma - Jane Austen
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J.K Rowling
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K Rowling
Little Women - Louisa M. Alcott
Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen
Pride & Prejudice - Jane Austen (I must add: would it not be amazing to read this splendid novel in it's original form? Meaning, the very first edition of it?)
Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Princess De Cleves - Madame de Lafayette
The Trial - Franz Kafka

No comments: