Tuesday 27 January 2009

Sleepless.

Each night when I turn out the lights I lay awake and I ask myself whether if this is right or wrong. The age difference that's just one thing, the way you get nervous every time that your phone rings and you always seem to have to "walk away", still I haven't known you for that long.

All I've been trying to do is to get to know the real you. To be honest I was disappointed when you were the last person to call me and say Happy Birthday instead of the first, somehow it felt like I was the last girl in your queue.

Still, every time you come around me I get weak. A man who knows how to show concern and that prefers honesty before lies, that is all I seek.

I remember that evening I spent at your place when I looked at my reflection in your bathroom mirror and the way that I cried. The strangest part is that I still haven't been able to figure out why? All I wanted to do was to crawl in to one of your shower's corners and let cold water run down my face and hide the tears that I had cried.

I never did though, instead I added some make-up and pretended that I was fine. Perhaps that was the moment when I might have realized that I would never be forever thine?

For once in my life I thought I had made a change and that this time I would make it right. Still, I don't believe that nothing has changed since I'm still sleepless throughout each day and almost every night..

No comments: