Saturday 20 September 2008

"The Kite Runner" by Khaled Husseini

"In ''The Kite Runner,'' Khaled Hosseini gives us a vivid and engaging story that reminds us how long his people have been struggling to triumph over the forces of violence -- forces that continue to threaten them even today." - The Servant, Edward Hower for The New York Times

The other day my dad came home and he gave me this novel called "The Kite Runner". He had just finished reading it and passed it on to me because he liked it so much and strongly suggested that I would read it.

I also heard that they made a movie about the story in the book so my guess is that it must be good! :)

I haven't started reading it - yet - but I'm planning on doing it tonight. It's been such a long and hard day at work so I think I'm actually going to call it the night.

If any of you have read the novel or perhaps seen the movie and you've got an extra minute or two let me know what you thought of it! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great!!! The movie is too but I'd guess it isn't if you haven't read the book. But read it and when you see the movie I can assure you that you won't be disappointed :)

About me said...

Anonymous: Wow, that sounds great! :) I'll make sure to read the book first then and see the movie afterwards. Thanks for the tip!