Saturday 6 September 2008

Memories.

I had never cried the way I did ever before. This little girl I was then, a sweet little angel who was about to turn ten. It was the 16th of January 1998, my younger brother could not come since he had not even turned eight.

I had longed so much to see it and finally it had its premiere. I'm talking about a masterpiece who won 11 Oscars and where this young man Jack Dawson (Leonardo DiCaprio) managed to steal thousands of women's hearts all over the globe.

I'm talking about the story about a legend that became film, the story about Titanic.

I remember that night when my dad and I went to see it at the town's largest cinema. Such a beautiful and emotional drama that completely took my breath away. I'm sure most women out there who has seen it would agree with me on this one ;)

Anyway so this is why I was inspired when I saw the picture (as seen on the previous post) at DeviantArt and also the reason for why I decided to post it and write this short text about one of the greatest experiences that truly touched my body and soul. (I held my dad's hand during those times it was scary eg, when the ship was sinking. So at the end of the movie I had this awful cramp in my hand..)

The previous poem was as you might have learnt not written by me but of a very good friend of mine. We share a special past and which is why this text that he wrote will always have a special place in my heart.

People have said this millions of times before but I'm going to say it once more, "Love comes and goes."

Yes I fell in love with Jack and I'm happy that I could follow his and Rose's story. A few years later I met this boy, J, who turned out to become one of my best friends.

I will continue watching movies such as Titanic but one should not forget about some of life's greatest treasures such as the real friends.

No comments: