Saturday 26 July 2008

Two of the best movies of our time.



I feel so lucky to have seen two such great movies within two days! Yesterday my girls and I went to see "Mamma Mia" - the movie and not the musical - and I must say that I loved it! I had heard so much about it and guess if I was happy when the movie managed to live up to my expectations? I was so surprised by how well the famous Hollywood actors really could sing, especially Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth, two gentlemen and great actors who I have never heard sing before!

Merryl Streep was splendid as she usually is in every movie that she appears in, I adore her! Not to mention the young and talented Amanda Seyfried, what a beautiful voice!

Anyway enough talking about "Mamma Mia". Earlier tonight I saw yet another great movie, "The Dark Knight - Batman returns" and it was so cool! Normally I'm not that into action etc but it feels so strange to say that I really enjoyed it because that's nothing but the truth! I really did :) I am so sorry though that this was Heath Ledger's last movie..

He was such a great and talented actor, there are some rumours in Hollywood that he's probably going to get an Oscar for this role, how sad it would be if he gets it and can't receive it. Hopefully he's beautiful daughter might get it instead, a precious memory of how talented her father was in his profession.

I am happy to say you must see these two amazing movies. I'm still amazed of how positive I am about the Batman movie, I honestly thought that it would be too much "action" but like I said, I'm glad it wasn't like that ;)

No comments: