Wednesday 30 July 2008

Scholarship.

I wish to start this post by saying that it may be very difficult to find a happier soul than me in Stockholm tonight for it has really been "my day" today! As you probably learnt by reading the title of this post I received great news earlier today.

In April earlier this year I applied to a scholarship, mainly because it seemed like something fun to do and the fact that I didn't think I would get it made me happier and even more surprised now when they told me that I got it earlier this afternoon. I heard of it through the parish where I have been working as a leader at confirmation-camps for teenagers with the age of 15.

Forgive me for being lazy but I just don't have the energy to translate the text that I found about the scholarship because it is in Swedish but if you wish to read it English leave a comment on this post and hopefully I might be able to translate it tomorrow instead.

Otherwise for those of you who comprehend the Swedish language you are welcome to read the history and the purpose behind the scholarship.

Förvaltningsberättelse

"Stiftelsens ändamål Helena och Gustaf Cervins Minnesfond tillkom genom gåva från Gustaf Cervin den 30 december 1986 till minne av dennes hustru Helena Cervin. Minnesfonden övergick 1997 till att vara stiftelse till följd av införandet av Stiftelselag (1994:1220).

Stiftelsens syfte är att genom årlig stipiendieutdelning ge medlemmar i Saltsjöbadens Församling möjlighet till utbildning och studier som befrämjar församlingens verksamhet och utveckling eller utbildning i och utveckling av konst och kultur med anknytning till Saltsjöbaden eller studier och utbildning i sång och musik, med företräde för ungdom som har särskilda förutsättningar att förverkliga sina musikaliska anlag."

1 comment:

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

Åh Sofia! Grattis! Stiftelsen kunde inte ha gett stipendiet till en mer generös och välförtjänande person än du :) Lycka till med allt som stipendiet innebär - det låter fantastiskt!

kramar och gratulationer från mig!