Saturday 19 July 2008

A favourite love quote.

Among all the novels that Jane Austen has written there are two novels that I have fallen in love with just a little bit more than the others.

I'm referring to two of her greatest novels "Persuasion" and "Pride & Prejudice". For a few weeks ago I watched "Persuasion" (as I am also reading it for the moment - I'm sure I must have read it atleast 3 times by now..) and I found this love quote which caught my heart's attention.

Austen's heroine also known as Anne Elliot in the novel says at one point the following sentence while conversing with one of Captain Wentworth's best friends "All the privilege I claim for my own sex ... is that of loving longest, when existance or when hope is gone." In this quote I did very much recognize myself.

For I agree with Austen, many of us women tend to hold on to certain feelings that we have for special people that mean a great deal to us, no matter how difficult the time might be we really do love the longest even though you men might not be aware of our existance or even when all the hope is gone.

Do you have any thoughts that you would wish to add then please, do not hesitate to leave a comment before you leave :)

No comments: