Sunday 20 July 2008

Throughout the Storm.

Picture: DeviantArt

How long have I been in this storm? For I have seen the different seasons come and go and how my red rose has changed its form.

Silver tears come streaming from my eyes. An endless horizon lies underneath the most beautiful of skies.

Memories of you keep my heart warm as the sun slowly fades away. If only I could just see you, my skin would glow and not turn grey.

Somehow I know deep inside my heart that everything will be alright. If I see you I know that this storminess will turn to light.

For more than a year ago I got lost into your eyes. My memory is still clear and I remember your warm smile that always filled my stomach with struggling butterflies.

It took me many months to understand why you had to go away. My soul's biggest wish was at one point that you would have said, "I will stay".

Now that I'm sitting on this cold cliff I feel so overwhelmed by the ocean's shapeless form. Truly this has been an emotional storm.

Tears that has turned into water is getting harder to tread. Endless waves come crashing over my head.

I cannot help it but I am actually feeling a little bit scared. An uncertain future is something that I have always feared.

During all this time I have been trying to remain above the surface. This red rose has given me hope to keep thinking of you, a small but significant purpose.

No comments: