Saturday 13 October 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year

Picture: DeviantArt

I just finished watching "Home alone 2" with my family. I love the two movies, the young Macaulay Culkin plays an excellent role as Kevin McCallister.

This time he looses his family at the airport (a few days before christmas - the family are going to spend the holidays in Miami, Florida) and by a misunderstanding he ended up in NY (he got on the wrong plane, oh I envy him for that!)

Anyway as I was watching the film I realized that christmas is coming up quite soon! Finally, I've been waiting for so long. You see, christmas is my absolute favourite holiday during the year.

I love everything about it! The gingerbread dough, the beautiful christmas trees with all the breath-taking adornments, the tradition itself of course (very important!), the noiseless sound of snowflakes falling down from the sky on christmas morning.

To be able to share this joy with all the people you care about, the classic tradition of the romantic kiss underneath the mistletoe (I know, I'm a sucker for romance!) and there are so many other things that I love about christmas, I guess you can understand how great my passion is for this particular holiday.

Almost two months left.. I can't wait! :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kom och tänka på härom dagen att jag faktiskt också längtar till julen! När jag läste det du skrivit så kom en massa härliga julbilder upp i huvudet.

About me said...

Emma: Haha jasså? Va trevligt :) Jovisst jag längtar som sagt..! Men jag undrar om jag inte längtar mer till Taizé ändå...? :P

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

Ooh, jag längtar också. Jag vill ha snön, de mörka dagarna, de tjocka vantarna och halsukarna, julgranen, julbelysningen, adventsljusen, lussebullarna, glöggen....åååh. Men det kommer jag ju att missa. Istället blir det palmer, soliga dagar, varmt vatten, massor av mat och lätta kläder....vilket är ju jättenice det med. ;P

Anonymous said...

Ja, Taizé ligger högre upp på "längta-listan"! :) Åååh, jag kan knappt bärga mig tills dess! :D

About me said...

Diana: Javisst finns det mycket man längtar till såhär inför julen! Dock kan jag inte sluta vara liiite avis på dig, Nienke och Erik som får åka iväg till ett betydligt varmare klimat när det är som mörkast i Sverige.. Hoppas ni får det riktigt kul där nere, jag förväntar mig ett vykort tack! :P

Emma: Hihi samma här gumman! Kan inte fatta att det bara är två veckor kvar?!! :D