Friday 7 September 2007

International Baccalaureate - 10th anniversary

Picture: This is the old, former IB symbol we had before they changed it unfortunately I could not the find the new one but atleast this is how our IB-sweaters look like, the symbol we carry on our backs.

This year our school celebrates the 10th anniversary of having the diploma programme; for it has been 10 years since they started with the so called IB-classes at the school.

The "IB" stands for "International Baccalaureate" but for all of you who might wonder, who are they? What is so special with this diploma programme? The following quote is taken from the IBO's website at
www.ibo.org and will hopefully explain it to you;

"The IB is a nonprofit foundation, motivated by its mission, focused on the student. Founded in 1968, we currently work with 2,119 schools in 125 countries to develop and offer three challenging programmes to over 565,000 students aged 3 to 19 years."

Tonight we will celebrate this anniversary by gathering all the former students who have graduated from our school, including "newcomers" as myself since we graduated in May 2007, by being present at a big fiest held by the school in our assembly hall to share our different experiences and memories from our three years in the programme at our school.

The first class graduated in 1997 and since then there have been 10 other classes who have graduated and taken part of the so called "IB spirit" in our school.

The teachers asked me if I wanted to perform a few songs during the evening which I gladly said yes to although I am still sick from my cold but please cross your fingers for me tonight because I will try and do my very best and I am afraid I cannot do more than that.

Anyway I need to practise the songs a little more so I better be off now, have a great afternoon and I will try to take some pictures tonight and maybe I will show them to you tomorrow here on my blog. Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jag ska hålla tummarna för dig gumman! Det kommer gå utmärkt! :) <3

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

*crosses fingers and håller tummarna*

Good luck!

I wish they weren't so discriminative to the rest of us though. We finally become "IB", and we're not invited. Grr. Haha.

Have fun!

About me said...

Emma: Tack så jätte mycket gumman! Du anar inte hur mycket det betyder för mig att du finns här och att jag vet att jag alltid kan lita på dig! ♥ Vi ses på söndag :D

Diana: Haha thank you so much sweety! Like I wrote to my friend Emma, it means a lot to me to have friends like you in my life! ♥

Haha well I'm sorry that they didn't invite you! I would have done it if I could.. But don't you worry I will try to take lots of pictures so I will show you them later ;) Take care! xoxo