Tuesday 11 September 2007

A beautiful library.

Picture: The New Library of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh

There is something special about visiting an old library. To be able to walk from bookcase to bookcase where all of our times literature and history has been carefully taken care of.

I went to probably the biggest library in Stockholm today, "Stockholms stadsbibliotek", but I am not sure whether if it is the oldest one? I have to investigate it and I will get back to you with more information later.

Anyway I love visiting libraries. The silence and the peace inside the building it makes me feel safe and calm. Still I would love to visit an old library as the one seen on the picture above. Perhaps the next time I visit England? :) I can assure you that I could have stayed there an entire day.

No comments: