Sunday 9 September 2007

You've got a friend.

I wish there was something I could say or do to make all the pain you have inside your heart go away. It felt weird to stand in front of you today when I didn't find a word to say.

I wish you would let me in so that I could help you to share this big grief. I would never try to take control over anyone's life instead I would let that person continue being chief.

I have never lost anyone the way you have now. Still I try to show sympathy even if I don't know how.

I know you will be okay. You have a good heart who only wants what's best for people and therefore you will make your life happen according to your own way.

I hope you know that I will always be there for you. A friend to count on, a friend to rely on and a special friend who would do almost anything just to see a smile on your face.

All I want you to know is that you've got a friend.

2 comments:

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

I think that's being a true friend - wanting to take th epain away but understanding that your friend has to do this by themselves and your job is to support them and hold their hand (figuratively speaking. Although handholding is underrated - you should try that :P)

About me said...

Diana: I don't know what to say.. More than I believe you understood the message with my poem :)

Haha and thank you for the tip! I believe I will try that, like you said "..handholding is underrated.."