Sunday 30 September 2007

Memories of African Madonna.

Picture: DeviantArt

For a few years ago my previous choir organized a big concert which was held in our church where I live. They called it "African Madonna" where the choir sang different songs about Africa in English but also in other languages that are used in different parts of the big continent.

The concert was a big success and I loved all the songs that we sang. Back then I was only 10 years old and I desperately wanted to sing the first solo in a specific song called "African Madonna" - the song which also named the entire concert because it was so popular. But I was too young and my voice had not developed to a stronger and more grown-up voice like the one I have today.

My former music teacher told me that they are planning to do it again and this time she asked me if I wanted to take the first solo. I am so happy that she remembered me and how much I wanted to sing that solo that she even decided to ask me about it. I
don't know when it will occur, probably next spring but I am very happy and excited about it!

I wanted to share the good news with my dear readers and let you listen to a recording of the actual song I will be singing which was recorded during the previous concert where the women who sang the two solos touched every heart and soul in that particular room of the concert with their beautiful voices.

Click here and enjoy one of my absolute favourite songs in the world.

5 comments:

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

I love that song too now. It's wonderfully serene and meaningful. I love it.

About me said...

Diana: Hihi :) I know! It is so beautiful. I love the lyrics. I love the melody. I love everything about it.

$$$am said...

OMG! Was that in Ely Cathedral?
I WAS SINGING IN THAT CHOIR!!!!!!

goldenpearl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
About me said...

S: Well I think they have done it in many different places? So they might have been there yes but I don't know. We did it in one of the churches here in Stockholm, Sweden. Nice to hear that you took part of that choir :) Always fun talking to other people that love to sing and thank you for your post!