Friday 8 February 2008

Art on Angelina Jolie's body.

Pictures: Google
In my opinion she is one of the most beautiful and talented female actresses in the world. As you can see on the pictures above I'm referring to Angelina Jolie.

Besides her great work which is seen on the big screens of Hollywood where glamour exists in every person that walks on the red carpet she is also a busy mother to four beautiful children, Maddox, Pax, Zahara which all have been adopted from different countries around the world and one biological daughter Shiloh.

Jolie has been promoting humanitarian causes throughout the world, and has also been noted for her work with refugees through UNHCR.

Although what I really wanted to focus on in this post is the amazing art one can see on Angelina's body. (The pictures may be small but if you click on them they might get bigger!) I've had the thought many times, maybe, just maybe I might get a tattoo. It would not be anything like the ones that Britney Spears and other celebrities have.

No, I would probably like to have something similar to the ones that Angelina have on her body. For example, in the neck she has written "know your rights" which is an important sentence and that should be equally applied on every human on this planet. Or the hindi tattoo on the back of her shoulder, it looks beautiful and I'm sure that the text is also something meaningful.

One of her latest tattoos as seen very badly (sorry for that!) on the right picture above is several small tattoos that says the geographical map coordinates accurately detailing the countries of birth of each member of her and Brad Pitt's family.

I think it's beautiful and in a way it can be seen as a form of art. What do you think about tattoos? Have you ever thought of getting one?

2 comments:

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

Funny you should ask that, since this week has been tatoo-week in school!
I learned how to write in tengwar, which is one of the languages used in the Lord of the Rings books, and I'd love to have my name written in tengwar. I love the books (but not one of those extreme fans who have Legolas posters and...wait, I actually have that) and it's a beautiful written language, so I want that. Or the zodiac sign for capricorn. I think my name in tengwar would be nice around my wrist and the capricorn sign on my ankle.
What we did in school was to draw them in tipp-ex, which lasts for a while. I got mine off today, haha.

Angelina's tattos are really meaningful, that's what makes them beautiful. If you choose something meaningful and special and are completely certain that you won't regret it - you could get one. Has Erik told you about V? She got one - it's amazing!

About me said...

D: Oh, I had no idea! It sure sounds like fun :)

I did read the first and second book of the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and I must say that I was really inspired by the different languages that they used, among them "Quenya" which I actually tried to learn but it was very hard.

Haha no, I wouldn't call myself an extreme fan of the "Lord of the Rings" and I don't believe that you're one of them either for they are the people who walk around dressed like the people in the books and who pretend to be living in a similar world although they don't. I have seen them here and there around town. They are mysterious people but I respect them.

But I like your ideas of what might become a tattoo one day (?) :) In that way it will always be something personal and of greater importance to you. That's what really matters in the end. Haha perhaps I should try that "tippex" thing :P Before I try the real thing.

Hmm no he hasn't? But I will ask him about it later today! ;)