Tuesday 26 February 2008

Turning 20 and my personal thoughts about alcohol.

"Time flies when you're having fun." Does it sound familiar to you? Well I know I've heard it many times before.

I simply couldn't help it but when I saw today's date I realized that I actually turned 20 only one month ago (?!) Time really does fly. It's funny how people ask you the same day on your birthday if you feel "older/more mature" etc.

Normally when I've received those kinds of questions I've simply answered them, "I don't know. I haven't experienced any difference yet but I'm sure I will within a month or so." Like I said, it's been a month now. I wouldn't say that, that much has changed.

The biggest difference now being 20 is that I can buy alcohol at a shop that we can "Systembolaget". Let's just say that you can find all the different types of alcohol to drink there. Still, it's nothing that interests me since I don't drink. I've seen what alcohol does to people, both young and elder.

I saw a programme on TV yesterday where they talked about our world's most dangerous drugs. They said that if alcohol had been a "new" discovery today people would not have been able to buy it as easy as it is today. I believe it was on the list of the world's top 8 most dangerous drugs. Yes, it can be seen as a drug since many become addicted to it.

It really is awful, don't you think? I will get back to this subject later. There's so much more to write since it's such an important topic.

No comments: