Friday 1 February 2008

Pocahontas and environmental activist.

Picture: Private - This week's purchases!

Good evening! After a long day in town I finally came home around 7 PM. My feet are hurting so much! I'm in desperate need of a footmassage - I think I might give it to my poor feet later.

Anyway after my maths class I spent the afternoon walking across the entire city while handing out my resume to all different kinds of stores located in town. It went pretty good and I believe I have pretty good prospects for the summer! (meaning: a job!)

As I wrote yesterday I'm looking for a job where I can work fulltime during the entire summer period (June-August) preferably with something I'm interested in and if the salary is high no one will be happier than me! :) I'll get back to you on that.

While I was visiting all the stores I also had time to visit H&M and to check out the "Fashion Against AIDS" campaign. The t-shirts looked so much better in reality! I was not surprised to hear that Rihanna's t-shirt "Believe" had sold out and so had Timbaland's, since the artists are so popular here right now.

Lucky as I am I found a cute guy who was working in the store and with big "puppy-eyes" I looked at him and asked him if there was any possibility for me to find one of Rihanna's t-shirts somewhere in their store? It turned out that he had "hidden" two of them behind the store's cashbox, one for his younger sister and an extra just in case.

Guess what he did? ;) He gave the "other one" to me! Haha I was so happy. I also found the t-shirt made by Katharine Hamentt with the t-shirt that reads "Stop and Think", so simple, yet the message is very clear.

An hour later I visited one of Stockholm's biggest shoe stores where I happened to find a pair of shoes which looked exactly as the one's that Pocahontas wore in the Walt Disney production. I fell in love with them and to be honest I've been looking for a similar pair but they would have cost me a fortune, it turned out that I was lucky again since I got them for a much lower price. (See the picture above of the t-shirts and the shoes!)

In order to summarize my day I would say that it feels like I became Pocahontas and a very proud environmental activist in one day and to be honest I feel great! :) On top of that it's Friday! So I think I might have a warm shower and later watch a movie or something with my beloved mother.

I hope you will have a great Friday night, perhaps your out dancing with your crazy friends or taking it easy by enjoying a nice and quiet evening in front of the TV. Later!

No comments: