Friday 1 February 2008

You took my smile away.

I sit alone in complete darkness. All I can hear is how the wind whirl outside my window. For some reason the distance between us still feels endless. During times like these when I wish you were here I always embrace my comforting pillow. For it has been a reliable companion throughout these twenty years.

I met with some of our common friends earlier today and they were surprised that we have remained contact for so long. I wish I could make them understand how much I have been thinking about you. Maybe, just maybe these words might become lyrics one day and end up in a beautiful song? In that case I believe you would recognize major parts of it since it would probably be my heart singing about no one else but you.

All I ever wanted was to hear you say my name. Now in my chain of life you are the missing link. All I ever wanted to was to capture our seconds that we spent together because then I knew we would forever stay the same.

Some people say, certain memories will never fade away. Those times when I could hear your voice it used to lift my chin. I do not know what else to say.

Now that you are miles away I realize that you took my smile away.
Why couldn't you have stayed?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

its as if i didnt read... but feel the words,..

goldenpearl said...

Kemal: I don't know what to say but thank you! I'm glad you liked it!