Thursday 31 January 2008

If you're not the one - Daniel Bedingfield.

A beautiful song which I have loved ever since I heard it the first time. Please observe that there are no "hidden messages" behind this song, I simply love the song and its beautiful lyrics, that's all. Here are my favourite parts. Enjoy!

"If you're not the one then why does my soul feel glad today? If you're not the one then why does my hand fit yours this way?

If you are not mine then why does your heart return my call? If you are not mine would I have the strength to stand at all?

I never know what the future brings. But I know you are here with me now.
We'll make it through. And I hope you are the one I share my life with.

I don't want to run away but I can't take it, I don't understand. If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am? Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?

If I don't need you then why am I crying on my bed? If I don't need you then why does your name resound in my head?

...

I don't know why you're so far away. But I know that this much is true.
We'll make it through. ..."

2 comments:

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

It's strange sometimes how longs and lyrics can so perfectly fit into your life. It really opens your eyes to the fact that maybe I'm not the only one who's ever felt this way. Maybe you have and maybe Daniel Bedingfield has too. It's this connection that binds people together. In a way, it's strange. In another way; it's beautiful.

About me said...

D: I could not have said it better myself. I simply can not imagine how it must be like to live a life without music? (!)

Music; the beautiful melodies and its captivating lyrics is and always will be a big part of my life.

I am quite certain that there must be thousands of people out there who would agree with me on this one!

Amazing how the lyrics in one song can be reflected in so many souls? You're right. It is strange, still it is beautiful too.