Wednesday 23 January 2008

Actor Heath Ledger dies at 28.

Picture: Collage of Heath Ledger made by me, photos from google

As I sat on the train earlier this morning after having a chaotic morning where I overslept and almost missed the train, I thought that nobody could have had a worse morning than me. I was wrong.

I started to read today morning's newspaper when I suddenly was hit by reading the chocking headlines in one of the articles on the front page, "Heath Ledger found dead in his appartment".

According to CNN who wrote "New York - Actor Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday of a possible drug overdose in a Lower Manhattan apartment, the New York Police Department said.

Ledger was found naked and unresponsive, facedown on the floor at the foot of his bed by a housekeeper trying to wake him for an appointment with a masseuse, said police spokesman Paul Browne.

"Pills were found in the vicinity of the bed," he told CNN.

"This is being looked at as a possible overdose, but that is not confirmed yet."

Browne later told reporters some prescription medications were found in the room, including sleeping pills.

But he stressed police have made no determination of the cause of Ledger's death -- that would be done by the medical examiner. Ledger was found at about 3 p.m., and was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency personnel about 3:30 p.m."

What a tragedy! My thoughts are with his family, former fiancé Michelle Williams, their daughter Matilda Rose only 2 years old and his friends across Australia and America.

He was such a brilliant actor, fellow creature, brilliant father and friend.

As I lighten a candle here and now in my room I just want to say may you rest in peace Heath Ledger. We will never forget you.

No comments: