Saturday 12 January 2008

Don't they deserve a real chance?

Picture: Children from Gawad Kalinga, The Philippines

Take a close look at the pictures above, now what do you
see? My first thought was their bright and smiling faces. What if I told you that these beautiful children come from a different world much unlike our own and that they most likely won't have the same possibilities to succeed in life like you and me?

It does not change the fact that they also have dreams which they wish to fulfil. I truly hope that some of them will.

Many people would think of them as poor children, I on the other hand see them differently. One must learn to see what's underneath the worn out clothes and behind those smiling faces, for I know that these children possesses the great of hearts and most caring spirits. They will study and work hard to reach the top and I know that it would be done most efficiently.

All I am trying to say is that these children deserve a chance. They need love and protection by their two parents, a home where they will know that they will always be safe, enough food and water supplies to be able to grow up properly and to be healthy and strong. After all they don't need that much to be entertained, you should see how well they all dance!

These children never seem to inspire me enough and the thought of meeting those smiling faces everyday I know it would certainly make my day! All I know is that one person cannot save the lives of these fantastic young children but if we put our hearts and minds together we can all make a difference.

Think of it, don't they deserve a real chance?

No comments: