Monday 14 January 2008

I pulled out my leg and suddenly we were introduced.

Good afternoon dear reader, I can't believe it's already 4 PM? (Swedish time) The day has passed so quickly!

Anyway I just got home from a crazy day in town, studying maths and I have a funny store to tell you of something that happened earlier this morning.

Normally when I'm on my way to meet someone, a family member/friend or if I'm just heading towards town and I need to go and catch the train I literally always have to run because I tend to be a little late, (read: very late) sometimes.. So you could probably ask anyone in my family or one of my closest friends they would all say that I'm always in a "run" so to speak.

Anyway this morning was a very special morning because I had all the time in the world and I didn't have to run to the train because I simply had planned my morning and my time unlike all other mornings.

So I came to school earlier, 15 minutes to be exact and I was the only student there, sitting on the bench outside our classroom like a little "nerd", reading "
Northanger Abbey" by Jane Austen and listening to soft melodies that were played by Jon Schmidt inside my earphones. Quite a nice morning, don't you think? Well suddenly it gets worse.

I was in another "world" because I didn't see or hear that one of my classmates was coming towards me down the hall.

I didn't see him until I suddenly decided to "stretch/pull" out my leg when he suddenly trips over my foot and falls down in front of me with his books flying out of his arms and landed on the floor in front of him.

I got so scared and chocked over the terrible accident and I believe I said "I'm so sorry" about 1000 times afterwards while he was sitting on the floor in front of me, I bet he was a bit chocked too. Obviously I turned red like a big tomato and I felt so embarrassed when I had to ask him if he was alright.

He just looked at me and suddenly he started to laugh and said that he was perfectly fine, a bit chocked perhaps but nothing seemed to be broken. After a few minutes when he had collected all his books and he sat down next to be on the bench we began to talk about the class and whether if we had done the homework etc.

I had never spoken to him before, not until now. He seemed like a nice guy and he sure made me laugh when he said that it was his fault that he tripped and not mine even though I knew that if I hadn't pulled out my leg he would never have fallen.

So to summarize it I simply pulled out my leg and suddenly we were introduced and the story does not end here, nope, he also invited me to go and drink chocolate with him on Thursday afternoon (since I don't drink coffee) and I thought that it seemed like a good idea, I believed I owed him that after the "accident".

Sofia strikes again - I can't believe how I could be so clumsy? Anyway I guess it happens to all of us, right..?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Åh, jösses vad roligt! :D Du ska veta att jag fick mitt ett gott skratt när jag läste det :D Du är för härlig du :) Det sägs att något ont alltid för med sig något gott och det var väl precis vad denna lilla incident gjorde? :)

About me said...

Emma: Haha njae det var inte så roligt först, det var ju såååå pinsamt! Men efteråt så skrattade vi en hel del kan jag lova ;) Haha kul o höra att min lilla händelse fick dig att skratta, "ett gott skratt förlängar livet" - du vet :D hehe jo jag tror att det var precis det som hände, något otippat bara, vem trodde att en kille skulle våga fråga en sån sak efter att man precis fällt honom och skämt ut honom på en offentlig plats? Men han bara reste sig upp och log :)