Sunday 13 January 2008

Sad Sunday.

It felt so strange to wake up this morning knowing that today was going to be a sad Sunday.

Today is namely the day when Christmas is officially over here in Sweden. The 13th of January has been a sad date to me ever since I was a little girl because I knew that on this particular day my parents would cut down our tree and take away all the Christmas decorations around the house. So now it's all gone. The house feels "empty" again. I miss the tree and all the colourful lights.

When I was younger I simply couldn't understand why we couldn't have Christmas all year around but now as I have become older I understand why it's impossible to do so. I wish that Christmas could be a longer holiday but unfortunately it isn't.

Tomorrow it's exactly 11 months and 10 days until next Christmas - as crazy as I am I have already started the countdown, why? Because I love Christmas so much.

Anyway I better finish my homework for tomorrow because later I'm going to watch "Atonement". I'll write more later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nyss sköljde en våg med saknaden efter dig över mig... <3 Jag är lyckligt lottad som har dig, min ängel <3

About me said...

Emma: Nemen sötnos va underbar du är! <3 Tack för dina fina ord! Om jag kunde skulle jag sätta mig på nästa tåg ner till Borås för att ge dig en, nej inte en utan tuuuuusen stora bamse kramar :) Du kommer alltid att ha en speciell plats i mitt hjärta, det vet du min ängel <3