Wednesday 30 January 2008

Stay in contact through Internet.

As I was walking home from the family where I had been babysitting earlier tonight several thoughts crossed my mind.

The other day I had a long conversation with a good friend of mine where she told me everything about her new boyfriend and how she fell in love with him through the Internet.

They had met for a short period of time last summer here in Stockholm and kept their contact afterwards (she lives here in Stockholm - he lives in Gothenburg) by writing emails to each other and talking through the new modern "telephone" called Skype which is like a normal phone call except you're calling through the Internet.

I'm sorry for explaining it so bad, to be honest I've got far much more to learn about it.

Anyway so the thought hit me. Can you really fall in love with someone that you maintain contact with through the Internet? I believe most people would probably say no, since it will never be the same "feeling" such as the one you experience while you're both together, physically so to speak.

Still, hearing my friend talking about their relationship and how wonderful it had been to receive emails from him every week - she is really happy. I'm glad it worked out between them.

Besides, as many of you probably already have understood I might be in a similar situation. I told her about it and she had to say was: "Sofia, promise me one thing. Don't give up on it." At first I didn't understand what she was talking about but after a while it hit me.

I didn't know what to say to her, I mean I couldn't possibly promise her something like that? Could I?

Anyway I said I had to think about it and haven't let go of the thought since then. I wish I could make up my mind now but I honestly don't know how. I'm sorry this is getting far to "blurry" for you to understand what I'm writing about right now.

I think I might call it the night now and try to get some sleep. May you all have a good day tomorrow. I promise I will get back to the subject, probably tomorrow afternoon. Sleep tight!

No comments: