Monday 3 December 2007

"Blood is thicker than water"

Picture: Tom Cruise, his wife Katie Holmes and their precious little Suri

I love this picture. They all look so happy and sweet little Suri is looking with curious eyes at the camera.

No matter the fact that they are world famous, they are still a normal family trying to live a normal life just like you and I.

Family is something that I hold close to my heart. I love the saying, "Blood is thicker than water". Where blood stands for the blood you sure within the family and water for the relationships you share with your friends.

Ever since I was a little girl I have always dreamt about having my own family and I told my mother that I wanted a big family, meaning many children. Still, the thought of giving birth to a baby seems frightening to me today but my mother has told me that it is definitely worth it.

After all you can always count on your family no matter what. They are the ones that would do anything for you, people you can truly trust.

The famous actor Ben Stiller participated in a hilarious movie called "Meet the Parents" in 2000. It's about Gaylord Focker (Ben Stiller) who is about to meet his fiancé's parents for the first time and as you might guess it all goes completely wrong.

I laughed so much when I saw it with my family. But there is one good thing in the movie, it is when Gaylord's fiancé's father (Robert De Niro) talks about the so called "circle of trust". Only family members can join that circle and I think I might create something similar to that with my own family later on.

I think the worst nightmare I could experience in real life would be not finding a loving and carrying husband and to end up alone.

I really don't want that to happen so I'm praying that I will marry someone who could be my best friend for the rest of my life and the time after that. A special person who I can share everything with. The so called "soul mate" if he exists..

Anyway before I get to that "chapter of my life" I want to continue to look at the happy family photo above, for this would probably be the best gift a woman could ever receive.

The fact of having a family, a husband, children and to be able to share all the wonderful moments together, today, tomorrow and forever.

No comments: