Wednesday 5 December 2007

Today is a very special day.

Picture: DeviantArt

As it said on the card we gave you this morning, "To a Man that has everything..." because it is true. You have everything you need and more bust most important of all you have a wonderful family who loves you and not all men are that lucky, I would say there are only a few.

Anyway what I am trying to say is, Happy Birthday Dad! I hope you've had a wonderful day and to make your day even more special I decided to dedicate this post to you by re-publishing this poem I once wrote to you.

From me to you, I love you Dad.

You held my hand once. I clapped my hands twice.
19 years has passed us by. I remember the times when you used to sing Lullaby.
From the beginning I was nothing but an innocent life. A joy you could share with your beautiful wife.

I will always be your precious. A little and happy girl which you have protected as if I was your golden treasure.
It is your blood that runs through my veins. I remember the times you used to say that I was being so vain. I lived in a fairytale where I knew I would find my beautiful prince who would become my life companion and that dream I have kept ever since.

Although life goes on. That is the lesson you taught me and so did mom.
I am a young lady. Almost an adult so to speak. A woman who's heart someday someone will be able to reach.

A wise man once said, "Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." I agree with the statement above. This is why I will forever stay pure like a snow-white dove.
The love you gave me to keep me safe. The guidance you gave me to help me figure out life and its complicated maze.

You deserve nothing but the truth. Thank you for taking part of my youth.
I wish I had enough words to explain how much the family really means to me, perhaps one day you will see? The beautiful tree whose roots have become unbreakable bonds between us, the enchantment tree.

You held my hands once. I remember clapping my hands twice.
It is your blood that runs through our veins. It is your spirit that keeps us in an united front. It is your love that will always keep us safe and warm. I love you Dad.

No comments: