Thursday 13 December 2007

Nacka Musikklasser Lucia 2007.

When I turned 14 I attended a school where I sang 1-3 hours every day. In Sweden we call it "Musikklass" and I think that the translation would be "Music class".

The clip above is from this year's big "Lucia consert" where children from the ages 14 to 18 gather and sing together. As you can see they are all wearing the traditional clothing and the Lucia is standing on the right side with the crown of candles in her hair.

During Christmas the school arranges 4 big concerts in different places around Stockholm, this is one of them. Now that I finished high school I can't participate anymore but I like to go and listen to them.

This is seen as typical Swedish Christmas music and I must say that it is something special about it. Since we only hear it once every year when the time finally comes it is always exciting to hear the new songs that they have put together and of course to see the new "Lucia".

I was crowned to be a "Lucia" 4 years in a row.. It was such a honour for me and I really liked it and miss it a bit. I have so many good memories from all the different concerts and I still keep contact with some of my old classmates. Time to go! Have a great evening/day!

I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jag var lucia i nian, alltså ett år sedan nu. Det är verkligen något speciellt med att bli krönt till det :) Hur gammal var du när du var lucia? :) Kan tänka mig att du var jättevacker <3

About me said...

Min kära vän emma: Naw så sött av dig att "heta" så här på kommentaren! :)

Jag kan tänka mig att du var en strålande och otroligt vacker Lucia! <3

Ja visst är det! Den känslan glömmer man aldrig. Första gången jag blev krönt till Lucia var jag 15 år, det var nog tackvare mitt långa hår tror jag.. :) (hade sparat det jätte länge!)

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

Som du vet åker vi ju på tisdag, så jag håller på och packar nu (mycket sista minuten, jag vet, men det går :P). Hursomhelst satte jag på datorn, och mitt rum fylls av kören och dess underbart sköna melodi. Det känns jättehärligt att lyssna på dem, speciallt nu då det inte känns så juligt utomhus, inte inomhus, (vi har ingen julgran i år) och inte riktigt inombords heller (fast årets första glögg idag hjälpte lite).

Skulle vilja kika på ett framträdande nästa lucia!

kram från Diana