Sunday 23 December 2007

One of the most beautiful gifts that I have ever received. Thank you E!

Picture: Private - My Christmas gift from one of my best friends

I was confirmed during the summer of 2003 and a common gift one often receives is a necklace with a gold/silver cross.

I got a beautiful antique golden cross which has been passed on through my mother's family for three generations. I love that cross the only problem with it is that it is "too big" and it is not a piece of jewellery you can use everyday but only at special occasions.

Since that summer I have been looking for that "special" cross which is not too big and not too small and that I can have everyday. I literally have been looking at every jewellery store in the entire Stockholm with no success of finding one so only a couple of months ago I gave up and thought that I should let the cross "come" to me.. :)

And so it did! This Christmas! Guess if I was thrilled when I opened the Christmas present that one of my best friends gave me this year, because she knew how much I had been searching for that "perfect" cross so she already knew how happy I was going to be when I saw it.

Thank you so much E for this wonderful gift! I absolutely love the necklace and so did the rest of my family. I use both silver and gold earrings and necklaces so it doesn't matter that it is in silver. Besides it's got the perfect size..! (1 1/2 x 1 x 0,2 cm)

I look forward to wear this necklace and to think of you for being such a special friend because it will always remind me of the four golden words, faith, hope, love & prayer. Thank you! ♥

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ett jättefint kors :) Hade tänkt att hinna ringa dig nu innan jul, men det har varit fullt upp. Men jag lovar att ett samtal från mig kommer så småning om :) <3

About me said...

Emma: Tack gumman! Jag älskar det! :) Jag förstår! Det är ingen fara, vi har också varit upptagna med massor med saker men imorrn så är det äntligen julafton! :) Ska bli så mysigt så. Förhoppningsvis kanske vi kan höras i mellandagarna annars kanske det blir efter nyår? O vi lär ju inte hinna ses mer i år så jag kan nog säga "vi ses år 2008!" :D <3