Monday 10 December 2007

Special Monday.

I don't know what happened today but something special happened inside of me. While I was enjoying a lovely meal (lunch in this case) with some close friends of mine suddenly it hit me.

I just realized how happy I am, this might sound strange to some of you but be honest with yourselves. I mean most of you have surely experienced it somehow at some special occasion?

Perhaps it was the lovely company, or the excellent food? I don't know. I just felt this happy and satisfied feeling inside of me.

At that point I was happy being "me" meaning, I have a good health, a supporting and loving family, the best friends I could wish for, food and water to manage throughout the day, a bed to sleep in and many other unnecessary things to be honest.

I am talking about those material things which I could be much better without. So why do I have them? It might be a hobby or just to make my life even more "comfortable", as if it isn't enough comfortable now, if you compare with the thousands of young children and the way they live their lives out there in the world.

People suffering from starvation. People suffering because of war. People suffering because there is not enough food or water supplies etc. It's horrible and just the thought of this gives me goosebumps.

But like I wrote at the beginning, the reason for why I felt so happy is because I was surrounded by people I love and care about and sometimes that is all you really need..? At least that's what I think.

I would rather choose a trip somewhere with some close friends than buying an expensive camera for example? Why? The answer is simple, both "things" will give me an opportunity to create new memories.

The experiences I will share with my friends and the moments I would like to catch with my camera. The only difference for me would be that the new memories that I would create together with my friends would have a bigger space inside of me.

The pictures I could take would feel "empty" and that is why I would rather experience new things together with my friends which I will also remember for the rest of my life (perhaps even further in time..?) and those "special moments" I would catch during our trip will always be restored inside my heart.

To sum it all up, it really was a special Monday. I hope you had a good day too!

No comments: