Thursday 20 December 2007

Snowflakes.

Picture: Private - Me at the Bus stop

"Baby, it's so cold outside." I turn around and I see a young couple walking towards me, holding on to each others hands. He hugs her and they stand close to one another while waiting for the bus to arrive.

I turn around and press play on my iPod, suddenly all I hear is the soft melody from Jeff Buckley's beautiful song "Hallelujah".

A few minutes later comes a red bus, it is not my bus but the young couple's bus. They get on it and in less than one minute they're gone and I am once again standing there all alone, enjoying the song being played inside my ears.

I look at my watch to figure out when my bus will arrive. "Great" - I have to wait another 6 minutes. I'm not in a hurry but it's starting to get really cold. When I look up at the grey sky something white comes flying down towards my eyes.

At first I thought it was rain coming down but now I see that it is not rain but instead white thin snowflakes. My black coat is no longer black as Col but instead covered with white crystal like flakes that melt once I've tried to sweep them away.

For some reason they remind me of so many good memories I experienced less than one year ago. I had so much fun meeting new faces that I will never forget and all those times we spent together is something I simply never will regret.

The snowflakes keep on falling, they are not many but there a few small ones that hang on to my eyelashes and that don't want to let go.

What's this? Suddenly a tear falls down on my cheek. I wish I was stronger and not this weak.. I know it's been said so many times before, but nothing has changed. I still miss you. That's all.

Finally! The bus is here. I wonder what the next bus stop will be? I guess it's just another exciting chapter of my long journey. For the journey never ends, it continues today, tomorrow and forever..

No comments: